Friday, March 19, 2010

Painting and new stuff


These simple paint strips provide so much fun for my kids. I was trying to do a more elaborate craft with them that involved painting, but all they wanted to do was simply paint. So I gave up on my craft and just let them have fun.
Evie likes to use her body parts as stamps. Popular parts are her hand as seen above, fingernails, elbow, and cheek.

I had an ah ha moment when cleaning up, just run the pain strip under water to wash off all the mixed paint. Duh!Two new loves I found through the library. The CD is my new favorite! I usually check out a few new music CD's every week from the library and rare ly do I find much that I like, but this one is AWESOME! It has yoga moves to go with each song, but that's not my favorite thing about it. Musically it has a lot of diversity in it's styles and instruments, and the lyrics are fun and interesting for the kids. Even Ben likes it and he dislikes almost all the kid music we own. We are slowly learning some of the yoga moves to go along with it.

The book is The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. I've had a hold on it for quite some time and finally it came in. As I was checking it out I realized that it's a 10 day checkout and there are holds on it after me (which means no renewing). Not to mention there are 507 pages!! I'm on page 75 and completely enthralled with the plot. I have high hopes of finishing it in time or paying a few days of overdue fines, but I'm having to blow off finishing my book club book. Sorry girls! I hope they don't kick me out....I'm the worst member who hardly ever finishes the books.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

you are not the worst member!! This book is pretty hard for me to read... hard to get in to. Read what you like for sure! Love that Evie uses her cheek!

The Burgess family said...

My kids love to paint too, esp Winter will do any kind of coloring/painting project for literally HOURS until we make her stop, haha!

To answer your question, the oven works fine on my "new" gas stove. The knob is broken and hard to turn, not sure where to find parts for this old thing but we'll figure it out. it's probably not very "energy star" but it does work just fine, and I like the big space between the burners since I have no counter space next to the stove. I'm a terrible cook, but I'm a much better cook with a gas stove instead of electric ;)