Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Last weekend we took a backpacking trip to Pyramid Lake. In the background those rocks are actually huge boulders, and at the top of the boulder field is a "bear cave" that the kids wanted to explore. I didn't think we could make it up there, but we tried anyway. Surprisingly, everyone made it to the top and it was one of the most memorable hikes I've done. Not much beats scrambling up a gargantuan boulder field to a cave sitting below shear cliffs.
Jill got some yoga practice in atop pyramid rock.
This is the view from the "bear cave." Our campsite was on the left side of the lake.
Eve insisted on backpacking with necklaces.
The boulders and steep inclines were no match for Isaac.
Josiah rocked it as well.
This was fresh bear scat filled with juicy huckleberries. There were so many huckleberries it was like picking leaves off bushes. They were everywhere, and everyone had their fill, including the bears.
Somehow I didn't get pictures of our gigantic backpacks, but this is a pic of our dayhike to Ball Lake.
On the way to Ball Lake, Eve and Josiah pose with Pyramid Lake below them.
After lunch at Upper Ball Lake, Josiah and Eve Braved the cold water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoa, I bet that bear wishes he was squeezing the Charmin! Nothin' like a case of mountain mud-butt to make a frosty swim seem like a good idea. How far was the hike-in?
-- Lord Jehova
Post a Comment