Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmastime

Wow, it's been a while! Here's my excuse: Ben's been working at home and hogging all my computer time! As though working could possibly be more important than having current blog posts.
Some things we've been making:
  • Buckeye's
  • Paper Snowflakes
  • Seed bread
  • Knitted Wrist Warmers
  • Earrings and Necklaces
Some things we've been doing:
  • Swimming at the local athletic club
  • Sledding
  • Watching Christmas movies
  • Making new friends
  • Planning the Miller Family Christmas Party (which I will be hosting this year)
  • Decorating the house--we finally have things mostly in order
Ben's been plugging away at getting our Jimmy John's Gourmet Sub Shop up and running. He hired two assistant managers and both are going through the corporate training requirements. We've been waiting on the city to give us our permits to start construction. It should happen in the next few days. We hoping for an opening in the beginning of February. I've been learning the bookkeeping and enjoying the job. It feels good to have some other responsibilities, and make a little money too! It fits perfectly into my "stay at home mom" lifestyle.
Hopefully I'll get my act together and update more often. Until then I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Grampa said...

I can't even comprehend how busy this life of yours is. I'm happy to hang around the periphery and occasionally offer assistance

Brooke said...

You guys are pretty busy... and probably will be for a bit! I wish you guys lots of luck and hope that everything is exactly how you want it to be! Merry Christmas and we miss you!