Wednesday, November 10, 2010

more new foods

We've been so adventurous! Every trip to the store fills our house with new and exciting produce. My favorite so far has been a Chaote. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of this, but my friend Erin blogged about it here. Ours was a smooth skinned one that differs slightly from the prickly ones that she wrote about. I was amazed by how much I loved it considering it looks so weird, and is hard as a rock before you cook it!

Here is an Asian Pear, Papaya, and Golden Honey Dew melon. A Red Pummelo.....loved dearly by Eve. She ate almost the entire thing herself. They are like a huge grapefruit only sweeter.
And here's the cowboy eating his Mummy Dog from Weelicious. Oh and notice the brussel sprouts too! Again Eve was the lover of those. I'll tell you what, she may just be a veg head someday.
Oh! And Edamame! Basically soybeans in the shell. You can buy a huge bag at Costco in little microwaveable pouches. They only took three minutes to cook and were delicious!
I've passed up persimmons twice now. I really have no idea what they taste like, but eventually I may just have to jump off that ledge.

1 comment:

Grampa said...

Cowboy and his doggie. Love it!