Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cleansing

I've been spending my spare time lately organizing, cleaning, and packing boxes. I'm amazed by the amount of stuff I've been able to just throw away! Who knew I had so much junk around. I think in our next house I'll try to give, sell, or throw away something everyday. I like the feeling of cleansing and simplifying.
It's going to be great to have a fresh start, not just with the house, but leaving emotional things behind as well. We've been through quite a lot in this beautiful small town. We've grown our family by two, lost a brother, lost our belief system, lost a job, grown in love for each other greatly, and learned a new appreciation for life and living it. I'm ready to take the things we've learned here and live them out in a new place, it's almost like starting a new life altogether. I'm always going to miss things about this place, namely the closeness to nature. It really can't be beat!
We'll be loading the U-Haul on Saturday and unloading it the next day in our new house! It's a good thing I like adventure since life seems to be full of it.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I am with you on the simplifying things!I hope you will miss some of your friends here, too! We will miss you guys a lot!

Jill said...

friends I'll miss of course. I just don't feel like they're ending. They will just continue on in a new way.

Grampa said...

You're in a big adventure, sounds like you're enjoying it.