Out of curiosity, what do they do at the Unitarian church? Do they sing? How do they find songs that everyone can agree on? Just something I wondered about...
Kit, One of our first visits to UU, after the singing, a woman got up and said "The singing is always bad at UU because everyone is reading ahead and deciding how they could argue about it." Ha, Ha! But that's the wonderful thing about it. People do have differing views, but we come together to focus on what we have in common. There is a UU hymnal, and most of the ones we've sung are about community, love, beauty, pursuit of truth, etc. Most of them are pretty hokey, but we don't really care.
Please remind the kids that we loved giving them their Christmas presents and treats a little early this year-- I hope they remembered . Maybe we can visit you sometime at new years! Sounds like so much fun! Love the photo of you looking up with the evergreen-snow magic in the background. The kids look very happyx0x0x0x0
5 comments:
Looks beautiful and peaceful.
beautiful! I LOVE snow on evergreens!
Out of curiosity, what do they do at the Unitarian church? Do they sing? How do they find songs that everyone can agree on? Just something I wondered about...
I can't believe Eve is THREE!
Kit,
One of our first visits to UU, after the singing, a woman got up and said "The singing is always bad at UU because everyone is reading ahead and deciding how they could argue about it." Ha, Ha!
But that's the wonderful thing about it. People do have differing views, but we come together to focus on what we have in common.
There is a UU hymnal, and most of the ones we've sung are about community, love, beauty, pursuit of truth, etc. Most of them are pretty hokey, but we don't really care.
Ooh, makes me want to get up there soon!
Please remind the kids that we loved giving them their Christmas presents and treats a little early this year-- I hope they remembered . Maybe we can visit you sometime at new years! Sounds like so much fun! Love the photo of you looking up with the evergreen-snow magic in the background. The kids look very happyx0x0x0x0
Post a Comment