Friday, October 9, 2009

Acorn Squash "Flowers"

I think I blogged about this last year, but I can't seem to find the post. Anyway, I think it will become a fall tradition around here! It's easy for the kids to get involved and yummy to eat.

Here is the recipe from memory (sorry if it's vague):
1 Acorn Squash sliced 1/4 inch
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar

Slice squash and then cut out the seeds either by hand or with a cookie cutter. Lay on buttered cookie sheet. Paint with melted butter, Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes or until very soft.

We cooked up the seeds next with olive oil and seasoning salt. They were just as yummy as the squash itself.

3 comments:

Grampa said...

yummy little chef too!

Trynsimple said...

Yummy! And Evie is so grown-up! Oh my word. I wish we lived nearby and could make yummy food together and craft together and have our kids crawl all over each other... Sigh. Hope you guys are well.

Taryn

The Burgess family said...

I do remember this from last year. never tried it, I may need to this year. People often give us odd produce and I forget to use it and I told luke "sorry I let that go bad" and he said "Im not! unless you can find a way to cook it so it's good!" and I thought of you and this recipe :)