Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Food


This summer has been all about food for me. I've been learning a lot about gardening, farming, eating, and preserving. It's been the same for the kids. This morning before I even got out of bed Josiah came to the bedside with a small Zucchini saying "Look what I picked!" "Was the flower dead?" I asked, "Yep, it was all brown and crumbly". They love checking every day for new growth and to see if the strawberries or tomatoes are more red than they were yesterday.
The farm share has been a great addition as well with lots of new and interesting foods to experiment with. We'll be getting some pickling cucs soon so I'll be trying my hand at canning as well.

2 comments:

Grampa said...

That does look good!

lee said...

I'll be right over for dinner tonight and I will bring homemade mozarella balls marinated in olive oil and basil leaves and some tabouli!