Brooke inspired me with her green smoothie challenge to make some for my family. I've always added spinach to my smoothies, but now I'm adding even more. They are really yummy and you really can't taste the spinach (really!). The kids love them! Josiah came up with the name as we are doing quite a bit of reading on sea monsters these days.
Here is some sort of recipe, it always varies with these ingredients included:
Fresh Spinach (fill up the pitcher 3/4 full)
3/4 cup flavored yogurt (or plain with honey and/or vanilla added)
1 banana
4-5 huge frozen strawberries
1/2-1 cup juice and/or milk
2 comments:
It's just me, I suppose, but they have grown-up expressions on their faces. Josiah looks at his little sister with brotherly love and approval. Evie talks philosophically about the minor frustrations of her day, while the two of them share a little quality time.
yummy, yummy! Glad to see the smoothie love spreading around! Mine this morning were so yummy, I found myself slurping!
Post a Comment