Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Rest of the Trip

I know all of you have been waiting on the edge of your seat for the conclusion of our trip, so I will apologize for the delay posting the rest of these pictures.

We finished our time in Seattle with a trip to the zoo, a boat tour of Elliot Bay, and eating fish and chips at Ivers (I think that's right) where the seagulls like to eat french fries out of your hand.

The next day we drove north and took a ferry out to Orcas Island which is one of the San Juan Islands in Puget Sound. We stayed there two nights. There was a crazy wind storm that knocked out power on the entire island. It was a little unfortunate, but also added lots excitement to our trip and washed up tons of seashells. The scenery was beautiful both on the island and the 1 1/2 hour ferry ride over there.
The kids slept and watched movies the entire way home. We had so much fun!

2 comments:

lee said...

Sounds like the terrific get away for all! The video of Josiah sounds of joy(loud)scared me-such wonderful exuberance! Such a pretty picture of Jill-do I recognize home at Lone Pine? Bet you have a great new collection started-shells!Did you enjoy some really fresh seafood?The Pike Market looked so fun. How about the zoo there?My roses and iris are bloooming like crazy. gm mowing at the lake today and I am weeding and catching some rays.x0x0x

Grampa said...

love that new header pic!