

Several days ago we had perfect building snow, not too wet and not to dry. I built a huge pile in 10 minutes and let it sit overnight. The next day I dug a tunnel and turned it into a little sledding hill also. The kids climb on top and sled down with a little help. Eve was my perfect little model for these photos. It was way to easy to make her smile since she was having so much fun!

Then we warmed up with these yummy muffins I concocted. This was one of those situations where I started making them and realized half way through that I was missing three ingredients! This time with all of my substitutions, they somehow turned out awesome!!! So I thought I would share the recipe.
Adapted from Betty Crocker's Banana Bread
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup buttermilk (or add a little lemon juice to milk)
1 teaspoon molasses
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
brown sugar
Cream butter and sugar, add all ingredients except brown sugar. Spoon into muffin tin, sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
5 comments:
What a clever snomom you are! love the tunnel and slide creation and the inventive yummy hot banana muffins--what ingredients did you say were missing? Eve looks like Josiah in this photo. orientation today was most exciting!
I was missing white flour, vanilla, and buttermilk.
that looks like so much fun.... my kiddoes wanted to go outside, but it was so cold I didn't want to hear the whining that would come! We will have to build a fort like that sometime... and those muffins look DELICIOUS!!
I never have any buttermilk, but running out of vanilla would feel like the end of the world to me!
Has it been cold up there? I feel bad that my kids haven't played in their new yard here, but it's been way too cold! nostril freezing cold!
Kit,
I saw on your blog weather thing that t was way colder there! We had -5 one morning and around 10 for a high. It's warming up though! I really dislike single digits.
Post a Comment