







We had a great time at our most recent camp out in the Swan Mountains. We've camped at Holland Lake two other times, and this time decided it is our favorite spot. There is a big waterfall at the head of the lake that you can hike to and is surrounded by views of beautiful mountains. During the week it is very quite and peaceful with few campers and just a fishing boat here or there.
I loved the wildlife at our campsite. We heard TONS of birds which woke us up in the wee hours of the morning before there was even a hint of light in the sky. There are lots of Loons at this lake which have a very distinctive sound and we even saw baby loons! This is very rare since there are only about 200 breeding Loons in Montana. We also saw turtles sunning on a log, frogs, butterflies and deer.
Both Ben and I felt that we spent really good quality time with the kids. This seems kind of silly since I am with them all day every day, but on this trip I got to spend good one on one time with each of the kids doing something new and different that they loved.
5 comments:
Love, love, love the pictures! You guys looked like you had so much fun! I am excited to try it out sometime!
Yeah, really great pictures! Wish I could've joined you.
I love the last picture, it looks beautiful!
you are so good about getting out with your kids. I am still terrified to camp with my kids. I'm obsessed with them (and me) getting enough sleep and it just seems easier to stay home :(
great photos to treasure a lifetime--love the one of Eve and Josiah an Koslo on the boat -great composition.going to New Orleans this week--love you!
Post a Comment