Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kaslo the Dog Becomes Human

Josiah wrote and illustrated this book for his cousins Ethan and Alaina. I have to walk him through the different elements of the story, but all of the ideas are his own. It is a really fun activity for us because he loves storytelling so much.

We've been getting audio books from the library and his latest favorite thing to do is to hook up our little speakers to the computer, set them outside, and play around the backyard listening to Winnie the Pooh (or some other story). I'm so impressed by how engrossed he gets in the story.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love the story! It reminds me of a story I know called "Nanny Noony and the Magic Spell." That Kaslo is a very smart dog. When the bad witch said No, Kaslo just "decided" to graciously accept being a human. He didn't bit the witch or get sad or mad or have a fit. He accepted and made the very best of it. Wise dog. We should all be so wise.

Grampa said...

I guess this is Josiah's first book? I won't be surprised if he writes more books in his life!

lee said...

I JUSST LOVE LOVE YOU 1!!!!! yOU HAVE THE MOST FUN A FAMILY OF FIVE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE--- I ADMIRE YOU SO MUCH--- GOING TO MEMPHIS TOMORROW AND I WILL CALL YOU,JILL WHILE I AM BORED AND TIRED ON THE ROAD. LOVED JOSIAH'S CALL TO ME AND HIS GREAT STORY TELLING---YEA THE KALISPELL BIG MACS!!!!!!